WARNING: I swear a lot, and I reference same-sex relationships and other sexual situations. I also link paparazzi photos and joke about celebrities sleeping with each other. If that sort of stuff bothers you, then perhaps you should go elsewhere. (Thanks for stopping by, anyhow! ♥)
Everything is tagged, and everything is image-linked. I get most of my stuff from reblogging and these fine websites:
My icon was created by the lovely from_the_corner over at LJ.
Why is it always ‘queer people are projecting their identities onto characters’ and never ‘straight people are presuming that their identity is the default’?
The producers of Star Trek (2009) have stated - including on the audio commentary - that many of the events of the alternate reality could have taken place in the original timeline. Some possible events include:
- a rebellious youth in Iowa
- disciplinary actions for cheating on the Kobayashi Maru
- meeting Spock for the first time because he cheated on his test
James T. Kirk page on Memory-Alpha
Further proof that the writers of New Trek know nothing about James T. Kirk.
- Jim was on Tarsus when he was thirteen years old and came back to Earth when he was seventeen and then went straight to the Academy. Yes, I can totally see how he had time to be a ‘rebellious youth’.
- He got a commendation for ‘original thinking’ from Kobayashi Maru.
- Spock had no part in Kobayashi Maru. He was not in the command-track, so he didn’t take the test and also had no part on programming it. As he says in The Wrath of Khan: "I never took the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?”
In conclusion: Reboot producers should do their fucking research.
They think they can just bullshit stuff because they are the Star Trek now. Fuck them guys.
d*vid b*wie is a rapist and i know y’all love him on a normal day but you’re probably gonna be cumming in your pants over him today bc Bisexuality or whatever but keep him off my dash